FINLAND: Atria eyes efficiency gains
Finnish meat group Atria has launched a programme to boost efficiency at its Jyväskylä beef and pork production facility.
The company said that it would "clarify" overlapping functions in order to drive synergies. Atria added that it is commencing "personnel negotiations" but did not indicate if - or how many - jobs would be cut.
Atria is targeting annual savings of EUR5m (US$6.7m) to be realised from the beginning of 2015.
Earlier this month, the company booked a loss of EUR4m for fiscal 2013 but saw fourth quarter profitability improve amid cost cuts.
Atria Finland to boost beef and pork production efficiency at the Jyväskylä plant
Atria has decided to launch a development project in order to improve Atria Finland's beef and pork production profitability and to increase efficiency at Atria's Jyväskylä plant. The project will clarify Atria's currently overlapping functions, the development areas for the Jyväskylä production plant and the synergies with Atria's functions. Personnel negotiations concerning the content of the development project will begin immediately.
Atria estimates that removing overlapping functions and improving efficiency will result in annual savings of about EUR 5 million, which would be realised from the beginning of 2015. This would mean a reduction of about 60 man-years.
In February 2014, Atria purchased Saarioinen's procurement, slaughtering and cutting operations for beef, pork and chicken. The recently launched development measures concern beef and pork procurement and industrial operations at the Jyväskylä production plant.
Original source: Atria
Canadean's "Atria Group Plc : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a ...
Finnish food processing company Atria’s vision is to be a leading enterprise in meat processing and meal solutions, in both Finland and in the Baltic Sea region. In Swedish consumer foodservice, Atria...
Atria Suomi is a strong player in packaged food in Finland and is active in the supply packaged food through both the retail and foodservice channels. The company continues to focus on supplying high-...
During 2013, food trucks were introduced to the citizens of Stockholm. They came about through the approval by Stockholm’s local Traffic Administration Office for operators to present their own variat...
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- China implements new safety regulations
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- Chilled Processed Food Packaging in the United Kingdom