FINLAND: Atria to axe 59 jobs in meat plant restructure
Finnish food firm Atria has indicated 59 jobs are at risk as its Jyvaskyla plant is restructured.
Atria hopes to "increase the efficiency of beef and pork procurement and processing at its Jyväskylä plant to improve profitability and productivity", it said in a statement.
The decision will see "overlapping functions in meat procurement and administration" axed.
Atria has estimated the revamp will generate an annual cost saving of approximately EUR5m (US$6.9m).
Staff that are to be "laid off from the Jyväskylä plant will be offered the opportunity to transfer to other Atria units", the firm advised.
Canadean's "Atria Group Plc : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a ...
Finnish food processing company Atria’s vision is to be a leading enterprise in meat processing and meal solutions, in both Finland and in the Baltic Sea region. In Swedish consumer foodservice, Atria...
During 2013, food trucks were introduced to the citizens of Stockholm. They came about through the approval by Stockholm’s local Traffic Administration Office for operators to present their own variat...
With Swedes’ increased spending on foodservice, the demand has also started to shift towards more qualitative fast food. Food should be served quickly, for a decent price and with quality. With the li...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Emerging markets online: India's food retail scene
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Tootsie Roll CEO Melvin Gordon dies at 95
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- Monde Nissin "to acquire Menora"
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019