FINLAND: Atria to axe 59 jobs in meat plant restructure
Finnish food firm Atria has indicated 59 jobs are at risk as its Jyvaskyla plant is restructured.
Atria hopes to "increase the efficiency of beef and pork procurement and processing at its Jyväskylä plant to improve profitability and productivity", it said in a statement.
The decision will see "overlapping functions in meat procurement and administration" axed.
Atria has estimated the revamp will generate an annual cost saving of approximately EUR5m (US$6.9m).
Staff that are to be "laid off from the Jyväskylä plant will be offered the opportunity to transfer to other Atria units", the firm advised.
Canadean's "Atria Group Plc : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a ...
Finnish food processing company Atria’s vision is to be a leading enterprise in meat processing and meal solutions, in both Finland and in the Baltic Sea region. In Swedish consumer foodservice, Atria...
Atria Suomi is one of the leading Finnish packaged food manufacturers, both in terms of the retail market and foodservice sales. Although in general terms the level of competition is increasing, Atria...
During 2013, food trucks were introduced to the citizens of Stockholm. They came about through the approval by Stockholm’s local Traffic Administration Office for operators to present their own variat...
- Focus: Danone CEO Faber puts stamp on business
- Cleaning up Tesco will have mixed supplier impact
- The just-food interview: Doux CEO Arnaud Marion
- General Mills US "priority" categories gain share
- 2015 preview: A better deal for M&A sellers
- General Mills outlines "aggressive" NPD drive
- Coles supplier payments broke competition law
- Lay's heads "billionaire food brands" list
- PepsiCo opens snacks plant in Saudi Arabia
- Wessanen to buy dairy-free drinks firm Abafoods