FINLAND: Atria to axe 59 jobs in meat plant restructure
Finnish food firm Atria has indicated 59 jobs are at risk as its Jyvaskyla plant is restructured.
Atria hopes to "increase the efficiency of beef and pork procurement and processing at its Jyväskylä plant to improve profitability and productivity", it said in a statement.
The decision will see "overlapping functions in meat procurement and administration" axed.
Atria has estimated the revamp will generate an annual cost saving of approximately EUR5m (US$6.9m).
Staff that are to be "laid off from the Jyväskylä plant will be offered the opportunity to transfer to other Atria units", the firm advised.
Chilled processed food recorded 4% current value growth in 2014. New launches and advertising campaigns were the main drivers of growth. Consumers showed growing interest in premium products and were ...
Canned food products refer to processed food items that are available in airtight suitable metal cans with added preservatives. Short cooking time, long shelf life, and easy storage are some of the fa...
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- How to win in Australian gluten-free cereal
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Brexit - Europe's food makers call result "a blow"
- Brexit - Irish food export agency sounds warning
- German dairy group DMK names Ingo Mueller new CEO
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights