ITALY: Auchan and Ifil to bid for remainder of Rinascente
French retailer Auchan and Italian holding company Ifil have announced their intention to buy shares they do not already own in Italian department store chain Rinascente. Ifil is controlled by the Agnelli family, which is better known for its control of car manufacturer Fiat. The joint bid is said to be worth €735.4m (US$721.1m). The deal is likely to be finalised following consultation with Italian market authorities, and the share buyout is likely to start in November and finish in December this year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Aryzta CEO, CFO resign amid strategic review