ITALY: Auchan and Ifil to bid for remainder of Rinascente
French retailer Auchan and Italian holding company Ifil have announced their intention to buy shares they do not already own in Italian department store chain Rinascente. Ifil is controlled by the Agnelli family, which is better known for its control of car manufacturer Fiat. The joint bid is said to be worth €735.4m (US$721.1m). The deal is likely to be finalised following consultation with Italian market authorities, and the share buyout is likely to start in November and finish in December this year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs