ITALY: Auchan and Ifil to bid for remainder of Rinascente
French retailer Auchan and Italian holding company Ifil have announced their intention to buy shares they do not already own in Italian department store chain Rinascente. Ifil is controlled by the Agnelli family, which is better known for its control of car manufacturer Fiat. The joint bid is said to be worth €735.4m (US$721.1m). The deal is likely to be finalised following consultation with Italian market authorities, and the share buyout is likely to start in November and finish in December this year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti