TUNISIA: Auchan announces tie-up with SMG
Auchan has taken a 10% stake in listed Tunisian company Société Magasin Général (SMG) through its supermarket subsidiary Auchansuper.
SMG operates 67 stores in Tunisia, 52 of which are supermarkets.
In a statement released yesterday (13 March), Auchan said that it would provide SMG with technical assistance and the transfer of "know-how" to accelerate development and the adoption of international retailing standards.
Auchan declined to reveal whether its private label products would be sold through SMG outlets.
Chinese retailer Lianhua Supermarket Holdings has reported lower half-year profits amid a drop in same-store sales....
Chinese hypermarket operator Sun Art Retail Group, the local venture of French retailer Auchan, has booked a jump in half-year profits....
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target