FRANCE/MEXICO: Auchan denies reports that it will pull out of Mexico
French supermarket giant Auchan has denied reports that it is planning to close four outlets in Mexico, according to a news article in Mexico City daily newspaper el Universal . The Mexican arm of the chain has shown little growth in recent years, leading analysts to suggest that Auchan could be planning to cede several of the stores to US retailing behemoth
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- ABF sees further grocery revival