FRANCE/MEXICO: Auchan denies reports that it will pull out of Mexico
French supermarket giant Auchan has denied reports that it is planning to close four outlets in Mexico, according to a news article in Mexico City daily newspaper el Universal . The Mexican arm of the chain has shown little growth in recent years, leading analysts to suggest that Auchan could be planning to cede several of the stores to US retailing behemoth
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery