POLAND: Auchan ordered to sell batch of Polish real stores
Auchan snapped up 91 Real stores across eastern Europe for EUR1.1bn in 2012
Poland's competition watchdog has ordered Auchan to sell a clutch of Real hypermarkets in the country as part of its approval for the French retail giant's acquisition of the business from Metro Group.
UOKiK, Poland's Office of Competition and Consumer Protection has passed the deal but said Auchan must offload eight of the outlets.
The regulator ruled Auchan's purchase of the Real stores - part of a wider acquisition of Metro's hypermarket network struck in 2012 that also took in outlets in Romania, Russia and Ukraine - would hit competition in eleven parts of Poland.
The deal saw Auchan add 57 Real hypermarkets in Poland to its existing namesake and Simply Market outlets.
Auchan Polska Sp zoo wishes to focus its operational strategy on offering the lowest possible prices, providing customers with broad product assortment and the highest quality customer service. With r...
After the successful integration of numerous hypermarkets formerly operated under the Cora banner during 2013, Auchan has been able to strengthen its position through entering into partnerships with l...
Agricultural Products in Hungary industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profil...
Introduction Food Retail in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The prof......
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- Interview: Ritter sees growth potential in US, EU
- Will Belvita win at breakfast in China? - analysis
- Interview: How American Halal rides ethical wave
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- Genius Foods buys UK gluten-free firm Chapel Foods
- Maple Leaf Foods to cut over 400 jobs
- Nestle combats Thai seafood supply forced labour
- Greencore profits lifted by on-the-go food focus