POLAND: Auchan ordered to sell batch of Polish real stores
Auchan snapped up 91 Real stores across eastern Europe for EUR1.1bn in 2012
Poland's competition watchdog has ordered Auchan to sell a clutch of Real hypermarkets in the country as part of its approval for the French retail giant's acquisition of the business from Metro Group.
UOKiK, Poland's Office of Competition and Consumer Protection has passed the deal but said Auchan must offload eight of the outlets.
The regulator ruled Auchan's purchase of the Real stores - part of a wider acquisition of Metro's hypermarket network struck in 2012 that also took in outlets in Romania, Russia and Ukraine - would hit competition in eleven parts of Poland.
The deal saw Auchan add 57 Real hypermarkets in Poland to its existing namesake and Simply Market outlets.
Auchan Polska Sp zoo wishes to focus its operational strategy on offering the lowest possible prices, providing customers with broad product assortment and the highest quality customer service. With r...
After the successful integration of numerous hypermarkets formerly operated under the Cora banner during 2013, Auchan has been able to strengthen its position through entering into partnerships with l...
Agricultural Products in Hungary industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profil...
Introduction Food Retail in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The prof......
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- Comment: Hain Celestial cognisant of US challenges
- Talking shop: Wal-Mart overhaul, Lidl's US charge
- Can Yildiz's new snacks unit match its ambitions?
- Can dairy-free Flora lift Unilever spreads sales?
- Mondelez continues to see margins up, sales mixed
- Unilever launches dairy-free Ben & Jerry's in US
- Premier Foods launches "first" American wet sauces
- China eyes further infant formula restrictions
- Arla eyes job cuts as part of 2020 growth push