POLAND: Auchan ordered to sell batch of Polish real stores
Auchan snapped up 91 Real stores across eastern Europe for EUR1.1bn in 2012
Poland's competition watchdog has ordered Auchan to sell a clutch of Real hypermarkets in the country as part of its approval for the French retail giant's acquisition of the business from Metro Group.
UOKiK, Poland's Office of Competition and Consumer Protection has passed the deal but said Auchan must offload eight of the outlets.
The regulator ruled Auchan's purchase of the Real stores - part of a wider acquisition of Metro's hypermarket network struck in 2012 that also took in outlets in Romania, Russia and Ukraine - would hit competition in eleven parts of Poland.
The deal saw Auchan add 57 Real hypermarkets in Poland to its existing namesake and Simply Market outlets.
Auchan Polska Sp zoo wishes to focus its operational strategy on offering the lowest possible prices, providing customers with broad product assortment and the highest quality customer service. With r...
The key directions for Auchan development in France are introduction of more Drive stores and the development of Auchan’s convenience stores – A2pas. This is due to a predicted decline of hypermarkets...
After the successful integration of numerous hypermarkets formerly operated under the Cora banner during 2013, Auchan has been able to strengthen its position through entering into partnerships with l...
Auchan OOO, leading hypermarket in terms of value sales in Russia, will continue its expansion in the country. Auchan plans to open 10 new stores during 2013....
- Why China was central to Nestle executive change
- Focus: Delivering dairy to Indian consumers
- Comment: How dairy can leverage nutrition
- PepsiCo underlines the challenge on health
- Interview: Muller Wiseman mulls branded milk move
- Fonterra warns on geopolitical unrest, oversupply
- Tereos to buy Real Good Food's Napier Brown
- Kerry benefits from snacking trends
- Mondelez sees Q1 net profit jump on higher pricing
- Russia "likely to extend food embargo"