ROMANIA: Auchan plans to double store network
Auchan plans to double its store network in Romania
Auchan has revealed plans to double the number of stores it has in Romania by 2014.
The French retailer told just-food today (7 July) that it plans to invest EUR150m in opening some seven stores in the country. The next openings are planned for Constanta, Craiova and Iasi.
Earlier this year, Auchan said revenue from its Central and Eastern European and Asian divisions was up 22.7% in 2010.
Earlier this week, Auchan's Chinese venture announced plans to launch an IPO to raise up to HK$8.2bn (US$1.05bn) on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. The Sun Art Retail Group said it plans to use half the funds to set up new hypermarket complexes in China.
This month's just-food management briefing looks at logistics in the food industry. Part one considers the impact of a climate of low economic growth and high operating costs on food groups' and re...
Logistics companies, far from being simple hauliers, have adapted to meet the increasingly complicated and specialised needs of customers in the food manufacture and retail spheres, such as tracking a...
In the US, economists are growing more pessimistic about the country's growth prospects. In Europe, political disputes over the eurozone, rather than solutions to the crisis, are making the headlines....
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- General Mills issues profit warning