BELARUS: Auchan plays down market entry talk
Auchan has denied speculation it is looking to enter Belarus
French retailer Auchan has sought to play down speculation it is to open its first hypermarket in Belarus in 2015.
According to a report in Retail Studio, Auchan is interested in Dana Mall, Minsk, which is under construction.
Speaking to just-food, a spokesperson for Auchan said Belarus was a country Auchan was looking at "like many others" but added "no project has been finalised yet".
The deal, which was struck in 2012, saw Auchan add 57 Real hypermarkets in Poland to its existing namesake and Simply Market outlets.
Organic food and beverages are made of ingredients derived by adopting environment-friendly and animal-friendly practices that restrict the use of synthetic pesticides and chemical fertilizers. The Or...
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- RTRS looks for systemic solutions to progress
- Nestle sets new savings target
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton
- Amy's Kitchen strikes Picard deal in four markets
- Wilmar, Adani and Ruchi Soya announce India JV