BELARUS: Auchan plays down market entry talk
Auchan has denied speculation it is looking to enter Belarus
French retailer Auchan has sought to play down speculation it is to open its first hypermarket in Belarus in 2015.
According to a report in Retail Studio, Auchan is interested in Dana Mall, Minsk, which is under construction.
Speaking to just-food, a spokesperson for Auchan said Belarus was a country Auchan was looking at "like many others" but added "no project has been finalised yet".
The deal, which was struck in 2012, saw Auchan add 57 Real hypermarkets in Poland to its existing namesake and Simply Market outlets.
Auchan Polska Sp zoo wishes to focus its operational strategy on offering the lowest possible prices, providing customers with broad product assortment and the highest quality customer service. With r...
After the successful integration of numerous hypermarkets formerly operated under the Cora banner during 2013, Auchan has been able to strengthen its position through entering into partnerships with l...
Despite the closure of its Jumbo hypermarket in Santarem, Auchan Group still intends to pursue its strategic plan: opening a low-cost petrol station in Faro, in the south of Portugal, modernising the ...
Organic Food in Italy industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descri...
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- How the CGF plans to halve global food waste
- IRI – The opportunity of range optimisation
- Focus: Mexican dairies focus on adding value
- just-food's pick: Top trends at Fancy Food Show
- ConAgra confirms private-label exit
- Kraft Heinz unveils management structure
- Kellogg eyes trends with product launches
- Kraft faces lawsuit over 'natural' claims
- US performance weighs on General Mills