BELARUS: Auchan plays down market entry talk
Auchan has denied speculation it is looking to enter Belarus
French retailer Auchan has sought to play down speculation it is to open its first hypermarket in Belarus in 2015.
According to a report in Retail Studio, Auchan is interested in Dana Mall, Minsk, which is under construction.
Speaking to just-food, a spokesperson for Auchan said Belarus was a country Auchan was looking at "like many others" but added "no project has been finalised yet".
The deal, which was struck in 2012, saw Auchan add 57 Real hypermarkets in Poland to its existing namesake and Simply Market outlets.
Organic food and beverages are made of ingredients derived by adopting environment-friendly and animal-friendly practices that restrict the use of synthetic pesticides and chemical fertilizers. The Or...
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Nestle's focus on food for health - interview
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016