BELARUS: Auchan plays down market entry talk
Auchan has denied speculation it is looking to enter Belarus
French retailer Auchan has sought to play down speculation it is to open its first hypermarket in Belarus in 2015.
According to a report in Retail Studio, Auchan is interested in Dana Mall, Minsk, which is under construction.
Speaking to just-food, a spokesperson for Auchan said Belarus was a country Auchan was looking at "like many others" but added "no project has been finalised yet".
The deal, which was struck in 2012, saw Auchan add 57 Real hypermarkets in Poland to its existing namesake and Simply Market outlets.
Auchan Polska Sp zoo wishes to focus its operational strategy on offering the lowest possible prices, providing customers with broad product assortment and the highest quality customer service. With r...
After the successful integration of numerous hypermarkets formerly operated under the Cora banner during 2013, Auchan has been able to strengthen its position through entering into partnerships with l...
Organic Food in Italy industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descri...
Agricultural Products in Hungary industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profil...
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- Decision on US dietary advice missed opportunity
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Retail margin management in spotlight
- PepsiCo, Coca-Cola 'battle for stake in Chobani'
- Arla banned from selling skyr yoghurt in Finland
- Kerry eyes more European markets for Cheestrings
- Raisio revamps UK cereal arm, jobs to go
- Earth's Best infant formula line launched in China