FRANCE: Auchan pulls out of Thailand, Casino to buy outlet
French retailer Auchan is pulling out of Thailand and selling its single Thai outlet to rival Casino Guichard Perrachon . Auchan said a hardening in regulation and the difficulties it faces buying adapted property was the basis behind their decision to leave the country. Casino, which owns about 20 hypermarkets in Thailand, will add Auchan's single hypermarket to its portfolio.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations