MIDDLE EAST: Auchan quits Dubai
Auchan signed an agreement in 2008 with Dubai World to create a joint venture called Hypercorp
French retail giant Auchan has exited Dubai just two years after entering the emirate.
Auchan signed an agreement in 2008 with Dubai World to create a joint venture called Hypercorp. The retailer opened a 6,500sq m store a year later in the Dragon Mart shopping centre.
However, the firm said today (6 January) that due to "the changing economic environment", the store will close.
Auchan said the developments will have no impact on its accounts
Auchan is launching Auchan City, its new "convenience hyper" city centre concept, tomorrow (6 April)....
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes