FRANCE: Auchan readies launch of fresh banner
The stores are expected to stock traditional fresh produce such as meat, fish, fruits and vegetables
French retail giant Auchan is to launch a banner in its domestic market dedicated to the sale of fresh produce.
A spokesperson for Auchan confirmed the plans to just-food today (9 January). The stores are expected to open under the Multifrais banner, with the first to open in Paris, according to Le Monde.
The spokesperson, however, declined to give specifics, adding it was is "far too early to give further details".
The stores are expected to stock traditional fresh produce such as meat, fish, fruits and vegetables. A date for the launch has not been given but press reports suggest it is "imminent".
- Campbell Soup Co.'s M&A plans should avoid fresh
- Mead Johnson wrestles "irrational" Chinese market
- On the money: Unilever aims to get food growing
- 10 things to learn: Campbell's plans for growth
- Briefing: How is gluten-free faring in Europe?
- Hain Celestial buys plant-based food firm Mona
- Post, TreeHouse "in talks over ConAgra own-label"
- Lactalis surpasses Danone on dairy league table
- Nestle replaces India MD after Maggi scandal
- Greencore sales up on UK, US growth