FRANCE: Auchan readies launch of fresh banner
The stores are expected to stock traditional fresh produce such as meat, fish, fruits and vegetables
French retail giant Auchan is to launch a banner in its domestic market dedicated to the sale of fresh produce.
A spokesperson for Auchan confirmed the plans to just-food today (9 January). The stores are expected to open under the Multifrais banner, with the first to open in Paris, according to Le Monde.
The spokesperson, however, declined to give specifics, adding it was is "far too early to give further details".
The stores are expected to stock traditional fresh produce such as meat, fish, fruits and vegetables. A date for the launch has not been given but press reports suggest it is "imminent".
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- Comment: Hain Celestial cognisant of US challenges
- Talking shop: Wal-Mart overhaul, Lidl's US charge
- Can Yildiz's new snacks unit match its ambitions?
- Why Lactalis swooped for Romanian dairy Albalact
- Mondelez continues to see margins up, sales mixed
- China eyes further infant formula restrictions
- Unilever launches dairy-free Ben & Jerry's in US
- Premier Foods launches "first" American wet sauces
- Unilever launches eggless Hellmann's mayo in US