FRANCE: Auchan readies launch of fresh banner
The stores are expected to stock traditional fresh produce such as meat, fish, fruits and vegetables
French retail giant Auchan is to launch a banner in its domestic market dedicated to the sale of fresh produce.
A spokesperson for Auchan confirmed the plans to just-food today (9 January). The stores are expected to open under the Multifrais banner, with the first to open in Paris, according to Le Monde.
The spokesperson, however, declined to give specifics, adding it was is "far too early to give further details".
The stores are expected to stock traditional fresh produce such as meat, fish, fruits and vegetables. A date for the launch has not been given but press reports suggest it is "imminent".
Auchan Hypermarket Ukraine introduced a new concept for Ukraine, the so-called “discounter hypermarket”. This format provides the lowest prices in the entire range of these stores. It goal is to impro...
Facing challenging conditions for hypermarket operators in France and other Western European markets, Auchan is battling to improve its price image while maintaining profits, while internet retailers ...
Auchan OOO, leading hypermarket in terms of value sales in Russia, will continue its expansion in the country. Auchan plans to open 10 new stores during 2013....
The key directions for Auchan development in France are introduction of more Drive stores and the development of Auchan’s convenience stores – A2pas. This is due to a predicted decline of hypermarkets...
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Bird flu leads Dutch to stop poultry distribution
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Arla eyes infant formula firms with lactose plant
- Live blog: Food Matters Live