FRANCE: Auchan readies launch of fresh banner
The stores are expected to stock traditional fresh produce such as meat, fish, fruits and vegetables
French retail giant Auchan is to launch a banner in its domestic market dedicated to the sale of fresh produce.
A spokesperson for Auchan confirmed the plans to just-food today (9 January). The stores are expected to open under the Multifrais banner, with the first to open in Paris, according to Le Monde.
The spokesperson, however, declined to give specifics, adding it was is "far too early to give further details".
The stores are expected to stock traditional fresh produce such as meat, fish, fruits and vegetables. A date for the launch has not been given but press reports suggest it is "imminent".
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- What could influence US healthy snacking market?
- Will Belvita win at breakfast in China? - analysis
- Interview: How American Halal rides ethical wave
- The top takeaways from IGD's Supply Chain Summit
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- PepsiCo trims staff amid marketing cuts talk
- Genius Foods buys UK gluten-free firm Chapel Foods
- US FDA approves genetically engineered salmon
- ConAgra Foods to split into two