FRANCE: Auchan speeds up international development with new appointments
In order that French retailer Auchan can continue its international offensive, a new director of development has been appointed to take responsibility for the company's expansion. The man in question is 37 year old Vianney Mulliez, the financial director of Auchan France since 1998. HEC qualified and chartered accountant, Mulliez has also spent 8 years working for Price Waterhouse and 6 at MBV Associates. In his new role, he will be among the three leaders of distribution in Europe, and his objective will be to continue Auchan's ambitious five-year programme, which will see the opening of 50 shops.Already controlling 84 units in 10 countries, Auchan intends to reinforce that international presence, especially in Southern Europe, eastern countries and Latin America. At the recent General meeting of Shareholders, Auchan management confirmed that some 30 openings are being considered in China and 10 in Thailand.As financial director, Mulliez will be replaced by 40 year old Gilles Vestur, who has been with the company since January 1999. Vestur was auditor of Price Waterhouse, financial controller of Center Parcs (1988-1990) then accounts director and financial director of Christian Dior Couture from 1990-1998.Philippe Saudo is DRH of the Auchan group, director of Auchan Portugal since 1996. Joel Fabini replaces Daniel Guilluy as DRH of Auchan France. With the group since 1980, he has been joint director of human and social development in Auchan France since 1997.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review