FRANCE/POLAND: Auchan to invest €621.6m in Poland
French retailer Auchan is to invest PlZ2.5bn (US$600.2m) in its Polish operations by 2008. Auchan has earmarked investment capital of PlZ500m for Poland each year, with between 15 and 20 new stores in the pipeline. The group has already invested PlZ2.7bn in Poland since 1998. The French group operates 15 of its own hypermarkets in Poland, as well as a further two hypermarkets in cooperation with its 50% partner Schiever.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast