FRANCE/POLAND: Auchan to invest €621.6m in Poland
French retailer Auchan is to invest PlZ2.5bn (US$600.2m) in its Polish operations by 2008. Auchan has earmarked investment capital of PlZ500m for Poland each year, with between 15 and 20 new stores in the pipeline. The group has already invested PlZ2.7bn in Poland since 1998. The French group operates 15 of its own hypermarkets in Poland, as well as a further two hypermarkets in cooperation with its 50% partner Schiever.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- General Mills issues profit warning