THAILAND: Auchan to pull out of Thailand, cites poor sales and returns
French supermarket giant Auchan is set to sell its one remaining outlet and shopping centre in Chiang Mai in Thailand to sector rival Groupe Casino , and withdraw from the Thai market completely. A statement issued by the company blamed poor sales and returns for the decision to leave after four years. Last year, sales did reach 2.48bn baht, but the company faced fierce competition from three other major operators in the sector: UK giant
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes