USA: Aurora Foods to undergo restructuring
US food maker Aurora Foods has said that it is undertaking a comprehensive financial restructuring aimed at reducing debt and strengthening its balance sheet. As part of this restructuring, Aurora said it has entered into an agreement in principle with J.W. Childs Associates, a Boston-based private equity investment firm, under which J.W. Childs will make an investment of US$200m for a 65.6% equity interest in the reorganised company. Aurora valued the transaction at approximately $925m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth