USA: Aurora Foods to undergo restructuring
US food maker Aurora Foods has said that it is undertaking a comprehensive financial restructuring aimed at reducing debt and strengthening its balance sheet. As part of this restructuring, Aurora said it has entered into an agreement in principle with J.W. Childs Associates, a Boston-based private equity investment firm, under which J.W. Childs will make an investment of US$200m for a 65.6% equity interest in the reorganised company. Aurora valued the transaction at approximately $925m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre