USA: Aurora posts 2002 loss of $483.2m
US producer and marketer of food brands, Aurora Foods, has announced a fall in fourth-quarter net sales US$212.4m, compared to $229.6m a year earlier, due to reduced volume, unfavourable product mix and increased trade allowances. Primarily as a result of non-cash charges, the company reported a net loss of $271.2m for the quarter, compared to net income of $2.4m for the fourth quarter of 2001. These fourth quarter 2002 results include charges of approximately $275m related to goodwill and other intangible assets, plant closings and other fixed assets, inventory and deferred tax assets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti