USA: Aurora posts 2002 loss of $483.2m
US producer and marketer of food brands, Aurora Foods, has announced a fall in fourth-quarter net sales US$212.4m, compared to $229.6m a year earlier, due to reduced volume, unfavourable product mix and increased trade allowances. Primarily as a result of non-cash charges, the company reported a net loss of $271.2m for the quarter, compared to net income of $2.4m for the fourth quarter of 2001. These fourth quarter 2002 results include charges of approximately $275m related to goodwill and other intangible assets, plant closings and other fixed assets, inventory and deferred tax assets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action