USA: Aurora posts 2002 loss of $483.2m
US producer and marketer of food brands, Aurora Foods, has announced a fall in fourth-quarter net sales US$212.4m, compared to $229.6m a year earlier, due to reduced volume, unfavourable product mix and increased trade allowances. Primarily as a result of non-cash charges, the company reported a net loss of $271.2m for the quarter, compared to net income of $2.4m for the fourth quarter of 2001. These fourth quarter 2002 results include charges of approximately $275m related to goodwill and other intangible assets, plant closings and other fixed assets, inventory and deferred tax assets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report