HONG KONG: Aussie dairy Lion changes distributor
Pura among brands tobe distributed by Vitasoy in Hong Kong
The previous distributor for Lion's brands in Hong Kong was Nowaday. A spokesperson for Lion said the company, owned by Japan's Kirin Holdings, said it had been "working on securing this new agreement with VIHL for more than 12 months".
News of the deal comes two months after a batch of Lion's Pura milk on sale in Hong Kong was recalled after it contained bacteria above legal limits.
Continued evidence of the global slowdown has meant that food companies faced a year of weak consumer sentiment in 2013. This impacted demand across global markets. The food industry responded by incr...
Australia's Takeovers Panel is reportedly set to announce whether Canadian dairy giant Saputo must up its offer for local processor Warrnambool Cheese and Butter Factory....
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail