AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND: Australian Woolworths interested in buying NZ counterpart
Roger Corbett, the chief executive officer of leading Australian retailer Woolworths, has told reporters that his group is interested in Woolworths New Zealand and is reviewing its position in that regard. Woolworths New Zealand, an operating subsidiary of Hong Kong-based Dairy Farmers International (DFI), is understood to be an acquisition target for Perth-based Foodland Associated, which already has an operation called Progressive in New Zealand. However, industry onlookers have long speculated that Woolworths Australia may be interested in bidding too.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch