AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND: Australian Woolworths interested in buying NZ counterpart
Roger Corbett, the chief executive officer of leading Australian retailer Woolworths, has told reporters that his group is interested in Woolworths New Zealand and is reviewing its position in that regard. Woolworths New Zealand, an operating subsidiary of Hong Kong-based Dairy Farmers International (DFI), is understood to be an acquisition target for Perth-based Foodland Associated, which already has an operation called Progressive in New Zealand. However, industry onlookers have long speculated that Woolworths Australia may be interested in bidding too.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report