AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND: Australian Woolworths interested in buying NZ counterpart
Roger Corbett, the chief executive officer of leading Australian retailer Woolworths, has told reporters that his group is interested in Woolworths New Zealand and is reviewing its position in that regard. Woolworths New Zealand, an operating subsidiary of Hong Kong-based Dairy Farmers International (DFI), is understood to be an acquisition target for Perth-based Foodland Associated, which already has an operation called Progressive in New Zealand. However, industry onlookers have long speculated that Woolworths Australia may be interested in bidding too.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund