Australia's Freedom Foods Group strikes Vietnam dairy deal
Freedom Foods to pack UHT milk for Vietnam's IDP
Freedom Foods Group, the Australian dairy, cereal and seafood supplier, has launched a range of UHT milk products in Vietnam, a move the company described as its "first major strategic partnership" in the country.
The deal with Vietnam's International Dairy Products has led to UHT milk under the Love'in Farm brand going on sale in Ho Chi Minh City. IDP owns the Love'in Farm brand.
The milk will be sold at "a small premium" to domestic UHT fresh products, with IDP looking to make the products "more accessible to a wider Vietnamese audience", Freedom Foods Group said.
Four SKUs have initially been launched. IDP expects to expand the range to other "value-added" products for sale in Vietnam and other export markets, the Australian company added.
"This is the first major strategic partnership in Vietnam, with commencing volume expected to reach 4m litres in year one," Freedom Foods Group said in a statement to the Australian Stock Exchange.
With current value sales growth of 12%, food intolerance was the most dynamic of the main health and wellness packaged food categories in Australia in 2015....
With current value sales of A$1.72 billion, NH high fibre food remained by far the largest of the main NH packaged food categories in Australia in 2015....
Strong growth rates for fortified/functional packaged food had previously been supported by a boom in demand for FF baby food, specifically FF milk formula....
The organic baby/toddler food sector in the USA is growing by 10-12% per annum. As a result, many new products are being launched into this sector. Organic products now account for approaching 50% of ...
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw