UK: Authentic Food Co eyes Scandinavia entry
The Authentic Food Co currently supplies to Iceland, Asda, Morrisons and the Co-op in the UK
The Authentic Food Co has said it will look to enter Scandinavia in the future after securing contracts with UK retailer Asda and several leading European retailers.
The company this week announced an investment of GBP2m (US$3.1m) to increasing production capacity on the back of securing the European contracts.
A spokesperson for the firm, which currently supplies to Iceland, Asda, Morrisons and the Co-op in the UK, told just-food today (9 August) it has now secured contracts with wholesalers across Germany and Switzerland. It is also conducting trials with some major supermarkets in Europe, but declined to name the groups.
The spokesperson said the next likely areas for future growth would be Scandinavia, but insisted that at the present time, the company is just concentrating on the countries it currently operates in.
The Authentic Food Co said it has grown its sales from GBP28m in 2008 to GBP36m in 2011.
The investment the company announced earlier this week will be spent on "improving factory efficiencies across both sites and new equipment. This includes new state of the art freezing technology, new cooking vessels and an extension to the warehouse to facilitate all of the business growth," the spokesperson added.
As our understanding of the horse meat contamination scandal develops the number of food products drawn in is likely to expand, raising some fundamental questions about the security of our food supply...
UK retailer Asda has confirmed that it is removing additional beef burger products from sale after horse meat was found in storage at one of its suppliers, Freeza Meats....
UK grocery retailers are reportedly circling former HMV stores, which were put on the block after the music retailer went into administration last month....
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- BRF to buy certain Molinos Rio de la Plata brands
- Aldi reformulates US private-label lines
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- Chilled Processed Food Packaging in the United Kingdom