BARBADOS: Authorities lift ban on UK meat
Senior veterinary authorities in Barbados have revealed that they have started issuing permits to import meat products from the UK.
The ban on British meat was implemented nearly two years ago due to concerns over the spread of foot and mouth disease following an outbreak in the UK.
Senior veterinary officer Dr. Trevor King commented in The Barbados Advocate: "The UK has now been recognised as being free of the foot and mouth disease."
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre