RUSSIA: AVA begins building new hypermarket in Moscow
German grocery giant AVA began work on its new US$18m hypermarket complex in Moscow yesterday. The grocery, electrics and household goods complex, which is due to open next spring, is expected to employ about 700 staff and include a 26,000m² self-service store. At a news conference, Kurt Lindemann, CEO of AVA, commented: "The size of the market, the high degree of demand and the growth potential of the Russian economy make this market interesting."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations