BRAZIL/NETHERLANDS: Avebe, Pilao Quimica launch starch producing jv
Dutch starch producer Avebe is set to launch a joint venture with the Brazilian manufacturer of tapioca-based starch and derivatives, Pilao Quimica Ltda . For Avebe, the venture is planned to give the Dutch company a stronger foothold in the Brazilian market and the firm revealed that it hopes to increase its current stake to a 51% majority share holding within the next few years. The sales of starch derivatives will be coordinated from the company's newly built sales office in Brazil, fitting in with the company's long term plan of assigning its subsidiaries outside Europe greater responsibility for their own commercial and financial results.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti