BRAZIL/NETHERLANDS: Avebe, Pilao Quimica launch starch producing jv
Dutch starch producer Avebe is set to launch a joint venture with the Brazilian manufacturer of tapioca-based starch and derivatives, Pilao Quimica Ltda . For Avebe, the venture is planned to give the Dutch company a stronger foothold in the Brazilian market and the firm revealed that it hopes to increase its current stake to a 51% majority share holding within the next few years. The sales of starch derivatives will be coordinated from the company's newly built sales office in Brazil, fitting in with the company's long term plan of assigning its subsidiaries outside Europe greater responsibility for their own commercial and financial results.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report