UK/NETHERLANDS: Avondale expands in Europe with Hema contract win
Avondale Foods, a UK salad-to-snacks group, is making its first move into continental Europe having secured a listing with Netherlands discounter Hema.
The Northern Ireland-based firm has struck a deal to supply Hema with garlic butter dough balls. Avondale secured the listing with the support of Invest NI.
"Our garlic dough balls, one of the most popular chilled bread products with a high-end retailer in Britain, attracted Hema's interest and they placed a contract with us," head of sales Philip Conway revealed. "We've begun to supply the product and are now working closely with the Invest NI team to expand sales with Hema and other major retailers."
Conway said that the company aims to build a "strong base" in Europe and believes it can leverage its presence in the Netherlands to act as a "springboard" to neighbouring regions such as Belgium, Germany and Denmark.
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- General Mills to work on artificial ingredients
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020