AUSTRALIA: AWB continues to ship wheat to Iraq
Shipments of wheat from Australia to Iraq are not expected to be hit by the Iraqi decision to stop oil exports, said the monopoly bulk wheat exporter AWB today [Wednesday]. At the beginning of this week, Iraq announced a one-month halt to oil exports or until Israel withdrew from Palestinian territories. The move will depress by US$1.3bn revenues for the oil-for-food programme, the UN Office of the Iraq Programme said yesterday, as the programme is funded by Iraqi oil revenues.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units