AUSTRALIA: AWB continues to ship wheat to Iraq
Shipments of wheat from Australia to Iraq are not expected to be hit by the Iraqi decision to stop oil exports, said the monopoly bulk wheat exporter AWB today [Wednesday]. At the beginning of this week, Iraq announced a one-month halt to oil exports or until Israel withdrew from Palestinian territories. The move will depress by US$1.3bn revenues for the oil-for-food programme, the UN Office of the Iraq Programme said yesterday, as the programme is funded by Iraqi oil revenues.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund