AUSTRALIA: AWB continues to ship wheat to Iraq
Shipments of wheat from Australia to Iraq are not expected to be hit by the Iraqi decision to stop oil exports, said the monopoly bulk wheat exporter AWB today [Wednesday]. At the beginning of this week, Iraq announced a one-month halt to oil exports or until Israel withdrew from Palestinian territories. The move will depress by US$1.3bn revenues for the oil-for-food programme, the UN Office of the Iraq Programme said yesterday, as the programme is funded by Iraqi oil revenues.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO