SWEDEN: Axfood in the spotlight as retail competition probe gets underway
As European retailers continue to expand northwards and eastwards in their quest for growth, the spotlight has fallen on Sweden, where the retail sector is currently the subject of a competition investigation. Some 90% of the Swedish food retail sector is currently controlled by just three players - Axfood, Coop and market leader ICA, a federation of retailers now owned 50% by Dutch giant Ahold, reports Reuters. Axfood is a key player in this virtual triarchy, and has seen its share price rocket nearly 150% in the last year, making it one of the strongest climbers on the Stockholm Stock Exchange.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review