FINLAND/SWEDEN: Axfood increases stake in Spar Finland
Swedis supermarket group Axfood has increased its interest in Finnish retailer Suomen Spar Ovi to a majority stake of 52% and to 68.7% of voting rights. Axfood bought the shares from local and foreign institutions for €27 (US$24.4) per share. It is believed that the group will go on to make a redemption offer worth 14.7m for the outstanding shares in Spar Finland.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti