FINLAND/SWEDEN: Axfood increases stake in Spar Finland
Swedis supermarket group Axfood has increased its interest in Finnish retailer Suomen Spar Ovi to a majority stake of 52% and to 68.7% of voting rights. Axfood bought the shares from local and foreign institutions for €27 (US$24.4) per share. It is believed that the group will go on to make a redemption offer worth 14.7m for the outstanding shares in Spar Finland.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast