SWEDEN: Axfood names new president/CEO
The board of retailer Axfood AB today (Monday) named Anders Strålman as the company's new president and CEO.
Since 2000 Strålman has served as president of Axfood's fast-growing and largest store chain, Willys, with which its 94 stores has annual sales of approximately 12bn Swedish kronor (US$1.62bn)
Anders Strålman has a business degree from Göteborg University. Prior to the formation of Axfood in 2000 he was president of the Billhälls grocery store chain in Gothenburg.
"We welcome Anders in his new role as president and CEO of Axfood," comments Göran Ennerfelt, chairman of the board of Axfood AB. "He has a solid record of experience in the retail food business through his previous chief executive assignments for discount chains as well as supermarkets with an accent on fresh products, high quality and good service. Anders has depth of knowledge about Axfood's operations and is thus cut out to lead the company to new successes."
"I feel well-versed in Axfood's entire business," said Anders Strålman. "This is a great and exciting challenge for me to now be given the operative responsibility for Axfood's development."
Strålman will assume his position as president and CEO of Axfood on 1 November.
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO