SWEDEN: Axfood opens Eurospar in Kalix, extends deal with Shell
Swedish food retailer Axfood has opened a new Eurospar supermarket in Kalix, northern Sweden. The new supermarket is now Sweden's northernmost Spar store. Axfood, which runs Hemkop, Vivo, Billhalls, Willys, Tempo and Spar stores, recorded an increase in turnover from SKr21.32bn (US$2.3bn) for the period January to August 2001, to SKr21.89bn for the same period this year, reported Swedish News Digest.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations