SWEDEN: Axfood's January sales up 3.2%
Swedish food retailer Axfood has reported sales of SKr2.7bn (US$317.7m) for January 2003, up 3.2% year-on-year.
The company’s domestic sales were SKr2.3bn, compared to SKr2.2bn a year earlier. Spar Finland, which is majority owned by Axfood, reported a 2.1% fall in sales to €43.5m (US$46.9m).
Axfood operates stores in Sweden under the banners Hemkop, Vivo, Billhalls, Willys, Tempo and Spar.
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre