USA: Baja Fresh Mexican Grill sees major expansion in Chicago
Thousand Oaks, California-based Baja Fresh Mexican Grill said it plans to open at least 16 new restaurants in the Chicago area over the next five years, through a partnership with Chicago-based Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises, which will develop and operate the restaurants. The Mexican quick-casual dining chain said it has signed an area-development agreement with Richard Melman, Lettuce Entertain You's chairman and founder, and his partner, CEO Steve Ottmann. The restaurants, planned for Chicago and certain northern suburbs, will join five Baja Fresh Mexican Grill restaurants already open in the Chicago suburbs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units