FRANCE/SPAIN: Bakkavor plans to sell assets to French co-op Agrial
There are indications Bakkavor no longer sees French and Spanish assets as core units
Bakkavor said yesterday (31 October) the two companies have started talks with worker representatives on the proposed deal.
Agrial, which owns the Florette salad brand, would snap up assets including French salads maker Cinquième Saison Saint-Pol and Spanish salads firm Sogesol.
Bakkavor said the transaction was subject to competition clearance and added further announcements would be made "in due course".
Speaking to just-food, a spokesperson for Bakkavor would not explain in detail the rationale for the sale. However, he said: "This proposed sale should be seen within the context of Bakkavor focussing strategically on its core businesses."
Agrial could not be reached for immediate comment.
French dairy group Candia has named former Bakkavor and Bonduelle executive Giampaolo Schiratti as its new CEO....
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- What Grexit could mean for the food industry
- just-food's pick: Top trends at Fancy Food Show
- Focus: Can General Mills improve US retail sales?
- IRI – The opportunity of range optimisation
- US performance weighs on General Mills
- Kraft faces lawsuit over 'natural' claims
- Hovis "mulls Irish Pride Bakeries takeover"
- JBS acquires Cargill's US pork unit
- ConAgra confirms private-label exit