UK: Bakkavor returns to Q3 profit
- Earnings amount to GBP2.8m
- EBITDA up 6%
- Net sales grow 2%
Bakkavor's profit was driven by an increase in operating profit
UK own-label firm Bakkavor has returned to profit in the third quarter of the year.
Earnings in the three month period amounted to GBP2.8m (US$4.5m) compared with a loff of GBP5.7m in the prior year. The improvement was predominantly driven by an increase of GBP4.6m in operating profit and a reduction in finance costs, the company said today (8 October).
EBTIDA amounted to GBP31m, a 6% increase on last year, while sales climbed 2% to GBP422.3m.
Capital expenditure programmes and product innovation delivered incremental sales
growth, the company said.
French dairy group Candia has named former Bakkavor and Bonduelle executive Giampaolo Schiratti as its new CEO....
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019