UK: Bakkavor returns to Q3 profit
- Earnings amount to GBP2.8m
- EBITDA up 6%
- Net sales grow 2%
Bakkavor's profit was driven by an increase in operating profit
UK own-label firm Bakkavor has returned to profit in the third quarter of the year.
Earnings in the three month period amounted to GBP2.8m (US$4.5m) compared with a loff of GBP5.7m in the prior year. The improvement was predominantly driven by an increase of GBP4.6m in operating profit and a reduction in finance costs, the company said today (8 October).
EBTIDA amounted to GBP31m, a 6% increase on last year, while sales climbed 2% to GBP422.3m.
Capital expenditure programmes and product innovation delivered incremental sales
growth, the company said.
French dairy group Candia has named former Bakkavor and Bonduelle executive Giampaolo Schiratti as its new CEO....
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis: The impact on shopper behaviour
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020