UK: Bakkavor returns to Q3 profit
- Earnings amount to GBP2.8m
- EBITDA up 6%
- Net sales grow 2%
Bakkavor's profit was driven by an increase in operating profit
UK own-label firm Bakkavor has returned to profit in the third quarter of the year.
Earnings in the three month period amounted to GBP2.8m (US$4.5m) compared with a loff of GBP5.7m in the prior year. The improvement was predominantly driven by an increase of GBP4.6m in operating profit and a reduction in finance costs, the company said today (8 October).
EBTIDA amounted to GBP31m, a 6% increase on last year, while sales climbed 2% to GBP422.3m.
Capital expenditure programmes and product innovation delivered incremental sales
growth, the company said.
French dairy group Candia has named former Bakkavor and Bonduelle executive Giampaolo Schiratti as its new CEO....
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Comment: Competition to rise on whey investments
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- Valio lactose-free trucks stopped at Russia border
- UK firm Pasta Reale enters administration
- H1 profits down at dairy group FrieslandCampina
- Valio targets China with EUR70m whey inve
- Fonterra, Beingmate launch infant formula JV