UK: Bakkavor returns to Q3 profit
- Earnings amount to GBP2.8m
- EBITDA up 6%
- Net sales grow 2%
Bakkavor's profit was driven by an increase in operating profit
UK own-label firm Bakkavor has returned to profit in the third quarter of the year.
Earnings in the three month period amounted to GBP2.8m (US$4.5m) compared with a loff of GBP5.7m in the prior year. The improvement was predominantly driven by an increase of GBP4.6m in operating profit and a reduction in finance costs, the company said today (8 October).
EBTIDA amounted to GBP31m, a 6% increase on last year, while sales climbed 2% to GBP422.3m.
Capital expenditure programmes and product innovation delivered incremental sales
growth, the company said.
French dairy group Candia has named former Bakkavor and Bonduelle executive Giampaolo Schiratti as its new CEO....
- 2015 preview: Consumer trends that will shape NPD
- Shopper trends: Finding a path to growth in 2015
- 2015 preview: Online may prove troublesome for CPG
- 2015 preview: Slowing China, buoyant SE Asia
- 2015 preview: A better deal for M&A sellers
- UPDATE: Nestle ice cream sale a "local" decision
- Five dead in US caramel apple listeriosis outbreak
- UPDATE: Emmi, Bongrain JV "lost significance"
- JBS denies link to corruption probe, shares plunge
- Thai Union to buy US seafood firm Bumble Bee