UK: Bakkavor signs Hairy Bikers licensing deal
Si’s Mam’s Cottage Pie is one of the six meals in the range.
UK own-label manufacturer Bakkavor has signed an exclusive licensing deal with the Hairy Bikers to launch a range of six ready meals and side dishes.
Bakkavor said the company and the TV stars wanted to "create generously-portioned, traditional prepared meals that taste like home cooking," using British sourced ingredients.
Produced primarily at Bakkavör's Katsouris Fresh Foods manufacturing site in Park Royal, west London, the meals will be initially available in Tesco stores throughout the UK, followed by other retailers later in the year.
The range will include Si's Mam's Cottage Pie, The Ultimate Crunchy Parmesan Fish Pie and Broccoli Cheese and West Country Farmhouse Cheddar Mash.
"The agreement with the Hairy Bikers follows other successful brand franchises we have established with Pizza Express and Old El Paso," a spokesperson for Bakkavor said today (7 July).
The Hairy Bikers Dave Myers and Simon King launched the products to consumers at a Tesco store in Cheshunt yesterday. They visited an outlet in Newcastle (7 July).
"We have worked very closely with the Hairy Bikers on the development of the new range, including close collaboration on sourcing all of the fresh ingredients for each dish," said Bakkavor convenience sector marketing manager Guy Hayden.
Our comment pages in 2011 looked at Tesco's challenges in the US, the uncertainty that surrounded the country's largest dairy processor, Dean Foods, the disposals made by the UK's largest food manufac...
The collapse of Lehman Brothers in October 2008 was a pivotal point in the evolution of our economic landscape. The fact businesses can look back to that day and pinpoint a sea-change in the shopping ...
A slump in consumer confidence and a turbulent year at a corporate level for some major retailers were defined 2011. Dean Best looks back at a tumultuous year for the world's major food retailers....
Tesco claims early results from the Big Price Drop - its campaign to lure cash-strapped shoppers and revive its UK sales - are positive. However, the view from The City was mixed after the retailer re...
Danish retailer Dansk Supermarked has appointed Tesco executive Per Bank as its new MD....
UK retailer Morrisons is preparing for its third marketing director in 12 months with the appointment of Sainsbury's executive Rebecca Singleton....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review