USA: Balchem granted patent for technology proven to increase milk production in lactating dairy cows
Balchem Encapsulates, a business segment of Balchem Corporation (Amex: BCP), announced today that they have been granted a patent for developing the technology to increase milk production in lactating dairy cows.The new patent, No. 6,106,871, marks Balchem's dominance as developers of the only proven rumen-protected choline supplement that is feed-delivered to pass safely through the animal's stomach and into the small intestine for maximum absorption. Their REASHURE(TM) Choline product incorporates this patented technology to effectively deliver essential nutrients needed for liver metabolism and fat processing during the transition period of dairy cows. The transition period, lasting from 3-4 weeks pre-calving to 30-50 days in lactation, is the critical period in a dairy cow's life.The results include overall improvement of herd health through a decrease in metabolic disorders and heightened animal productivity through an increase in milk production. In the past year, field results confirm that cows fed REASHURE showed a substantial improvement in milk yield of up to nine pounds daily."The technology behind the REASHURE product showed great promise when it was launched in 1999, and now one year later, it has surpassed everyone's expectations. Now Balchem is poised to change the scope of the world dairy industry with this unique technology and product pipeline," says Winston Samuels, Ph.D. vice president and general manager of Balchem Encapsulates."Balchem remains committed to the development of products that will revolutionize a $100 million sector of the dairy industry to help producers achieve increased herd productivity and revenue, resulting in a maximum return on their investment," says Dino Rossi, president and CEO of Balchem Corporation.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016