AUSTRALIA: Balfour's gets A$9m boost from government
The South Australian (SA) government has given a cash boost of A$9m to Balfour's bakery business, so that it can build a new factory in Adelaide. The news has been well received by the troubled company, which emerged from a management buyout on 30 March. The deal, which will see the plant built then leased back to Balfour's at a semi commercial rate, has already received approval from the SA parliament's
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods