AUSTRALIA: Balfour's gets A$9m boost from government
The South Australian (SA) government has given a cash boost of A$9m to Balfour's bakery business, so that it can build a new factory in Adelaide. The news has been well received by the troubled company, which emerged from a management buyout on 30 March. The deal, which will see the plant built then leased back to Balfour's at a semi commercial rate, has already received approval from the SA parliament's
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations