PHILIPPINES: Banana workers will benefit from land transfer scheme, in thirty years
756 farm workers have been donated 826 ha of banana plantation, as part of a Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Program (CARP) instituted by the Philippine government.The land, part of the 980 ha plantation belonging to the Marsman-Drysdale Agribusiness Group of Companies, has transferred ownership to the Davao Marsman Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries Development Cooperative, and for thirty years the working beneficiaries will continue as regular employees if Marsman until they can control it privately. During this time Marsman will also have free use of the land.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw