PHILIPPINES: Banana workers will benefit from land transfer scheme, in thirty years
756 farm workers have been donated 826 ha of banana plantation, as part of a Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Program (CARP) instituted by the Philippine government.The land, part of the 980 ha plantation belonging to the Marsman-Drysdale Agribusiness Group of Companies, has transferred ownership to the Davao Marsman Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries Development Cooperative, and for thirty years the working beneficiaries will continue as regular employees if Marsman until they can control it privately. During this time Marsman will also have free use of the land.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses