CHINA: Bankrupt foreign chocolate factory finds buyer – at last
Bankrupt foreign-owned chocolate factory Coline Food Co. was sold off at an auction on Friday, after a previous auction failed to find a buyer. The company has been bought by Chinese grain producer Fengyuan Group for 95m yuan (US$11.4m). The move represents something of a landmark, as Coline is the first non-Chinese firm to be auctioned off after going out of business.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves