USA: Bankruptcy court confirms takeover deal for Big V Supermarkets
The privately-held New York retailer Big V Supermarkets will be acquired by Wakefern Food Corp. in a reorganisation deal to rescue the company from its chapter 11 case, the US Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware has confirmed. Under the plan, substantially all of Big V's assets, including 27 stores in the Hudson Valley of New York and central New Jersey, will be acquired by ShopRite Supermarkets, a subsidiary of Wakefernm.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch
- UK food companies to miss sugar target