USA: Bankruptcy court confirms takeover deal for Big V Supermarkets
The privately-held New York retailer Big V Supermarkets will be acquired by Wakefern Food Corp. in a reorganisation deal to rescue the company from its chapter 11 case, the US Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware has confirmed. Under the plan, substantially all of Big V's assets, including 27 stores in the Hudson Valley of New York and central New Jersey, will be acquired by ShopRite Supermarkets, a subsidiary of Wakefernm.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods