USA: Bankruptcy leaves chickens without food; nine poultry growers cull hens
Nine poultry growers in southeast Georgia have been forced to dispose of laying hens after the bankruptcy of Tampa, Florida-based Cypress Foods Incorporated left the growers with little or no supply of feed. Under the established agreement between the growers and the company, Cypress Foods supplied feed for the birds, the cost of which could be thousands of dollars per week depending on the size of the operation.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre