USA: Bankruptcy leaves chickens without food; nine poultry growers cull hens
Nine poultry growers in southeast Georgia have been forced to dispose of laying hens after the bankruptcy of Tampa, Florida-based Cypress Foods Incorporated left the growers with little or no supply of feed. Under the established agreement between the growers and the company, Cypress Foods supplied feed for the birds, the cost of which could be thousands of dollars per week depending on the size of the operation.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action