ITALY: Barilla reports drop in pre-tax profit, despite rise in turnover
Italian biscuit and pasta producer Barilla has recorded a turnover of €3.44bn (US$3.97bn) for 2002, compared to €2.38bn in the previous year. Barilla reported earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) of €386m, compared to €317m a year earlier. The company's net debt increased to €1.59bn, compared to €467m in 2001. The debt includes €553m expenditure for acquisitions and a debt of €789m related to its German bakery products subsidiary Kamps.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea