ITALY: Barilla reports drop in pre-tax profit, despite rise in turnover
Italian biscuit and pasta producer Barilla has recorded a turnover of €3.44bn (US$3.97bn) for 2002, compared to €2.38bn in the previous year. Barilla reported earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) of €386m, compared to €317m a year earlier. The company's net debt increased to €1.59bn, compared to €467m in 2001. The debt includes €553m expenditure for acquisitions and a debt of €789m related to its German bakery products subsidiary Kamps.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action