GERMANY: Barilla will not fight for Kamps if white knight bidder emerges
Italian pasta giant Barilla will pull out of its hostile takeover bid for German bakery group Kamps if a 'white knight' bidder emerges, according to reports in the Italian press today [Thursday]. Barilla, which already holds a 2.07% stake in Kamps, has offered to buy Kamps for €12 per share, valuing the group at €993m. Kamps has rejected the bid as far too low, although analysts have deemed it fair (for further information, click
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery