GERMANY: Barilla will not fight for Kamps if white knight bidder emerges
Italian pasta giant Barilla will pull out of its hostile takeover bid for German bakery group Kamps if a 'white knight' bidder emerges, according to reports in the Italian press today [Thursday]. Barilla, which already holds a 2.07% stake in Kamps, has offered to buy Kamps for €12 per share, valuing the group at €993m. Kamps has rejected the bid as far too low, although analysts have deemed it fair (for further information, click
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid