GERMANY: Barilla will not fight for Kamps if white knight bidder emerges
Italian pasta giant Barilla will pull out of its hostile takeover bid for German bakery group Kamps if a 'white knight' bidder emerges, according to reports in the Italian press today [Thursday]. Barilla, which already holds a 2.07% stake in Kamps, has offered to buy Kamps for €12 per share, valuing the group at €993m. Kamps has rejected the bid as far too low, although analysts have deemed it fair (for further information, click
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units