INDIA/SRI LANKA: Barista seals Sri Lankan coffeehouse JV with Jewelex
Indian coffee group Barista has agreed a joint venture with a Sri Lankan company to kick-start its overseas expansion campaign. The 51:49 joint venture will see eight new outlets opened in Sri Lanka over the next few months. "Last week Barista Coffee signed the JV with Jewelex and we plan to open at least two outlets in Sri Lanka by December this year," Barista Coffee's executive vice-president (marketing & communications) Sandeep Vyas told PTI.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs