UK: Barrow-loads of GM crops delivered to government in London
Over 150 people, including families with children, held a peaceful demonstration at the Governments Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) yesterday [Wednesday]. They were Calling for no commercial growing of GM crops and an end to GM crop trials, they left large bags of GM crops from trial sites around Britain blocking the entrance of the government department's building.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK sets 20% sugar cut guidelines for food industry