ISM: Barry Callebaut adds to Terra Cacao line
Confectionery giant Barry Callebaut has extended its Terra Cacao chocolate line with the launch of two additional products.
Java dark chocolate and Cameroon milk chocolate have been launched to meet consumer demand for authentic products, the confectioner said. It added that the origin of products has also become "more important".
Launching the products at this year's ISM confectionery exhibition in Cologne, Barry Callebaut also chose the show to launch what it claims is the first Cameroon origin cocoa powder.
"The company is the first and only cocoa and chocolate manufacturer to offer cocoa powder originating from Cameroon, bringing with it unique taste characteristics," Barry Callebaut said. "Its presence in Cameroon enables Barry Callebaut to source beans directly from the local cocoa farming communities and to directly process them in the country."
Available in low and high fat, the cocoa powder has a "premium taste profile", the company said and With its characteristic dark red colour, "opens up endless possibilities especially for bakery applications".
The firm's new Cameroon milk chocolate contains 38% cocoa solids. The Terra Cacao Java dark chocolate contains 57.5%.
Barry Callebaut Belgium should strengthen its business relationships with chocolate manufacturers in Belgium. The company is expected to move onto subcontracts for international key players and privat...
Formed only in 1996, Barry Callebaut has become one of the world’s leading cocoa and chocolate ingredients suppliers through strategic acquisitions and investments. It is securing its future by invest...
Following a sluggish performance in 2009-2010 during the tough economic climate, packaged food picked up in terms of value growth in 2011, as consumer confidence and spending strengthened. Fears of a ...
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Food marketing firmly on UK political agenda
- E-commerce: Online could offer growth in Russia
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Campbell aligns structure with growth objectives
- Mead Johnson offsets China slowdown
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report