ISM: Barry Callebaut adds to Terra Cacao line
Confectionery giant Barry Callebaut has extended its Terra Cacao chocolate line with the launch of two additional products.
Java dark chocolate and Cameroon milk chocolate have been launched to meet consumer demand for authentic products, the confectioner said. It added that the origin of products has also become "more important".
Launching the products at this year's ISM confectionery exhibition in Cologne, Barry Callebaut also chose the show to launch what it claims is the first Cameroon origin cocoa powder.
"The company is the first and only cocoa and chocolate manufacturer to offer cocoa powder originating from Cameroon, bringing with it unique taste characteristics," Barry Callebaut said. "Its presence in Cameroon enables Barry Callebaut to source beans directly from the local cocoa farming communities and to directly process them in the country."
Available in low and high fat, the cocoa powder has a "premium taste profile", the company said and With its characteristic dark red colour, "opens up endless possibilities especially for bakery applications".
The firm's new Cameroon milk chocolate contains 38% cocoa solids. The Terra Cacao Java dark chocolate contains 57.5%.
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Colian hungry for international growth - interview
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- How discounters unsettling Australia's food sector
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- US food labels to include "added sugars" info
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale
- Kraft Heinz to expand US plant
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton
- Amy's Kitchen strikes Picard deal in four markets