SWITZERLAND: Barry Callebaut posts 20% rise in Q1 net profit
Swiss chocolate manufacturer Barry Callebaut has reported a 20% rise in net profit for its fiscal first-quarter. The company said net profit for the September to November period was SFr48.5m (US$35.7m). Operating profit for the quarter was up 18% to SFr49.3m. Sales increased 48% to SFr1.06bn, mainly due to the consolidation of Germany's Stollwerck.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods