SWITZ/MEXICO: Barry Callebaut signs Latin America outsourcing deal
Barry Callebaut will supply and deliver Turin’s liquid chocolate demand directly to its manufacturing facilities in Mexico
Swiss chocolate maker Barry Callebaut has signed a long-term outsourcing agreement for Mexico with Chocolates Turin.
The agreement, announced today (27 June), will see Barry Callebaut supply and deliver all of Turin's liquid chocolate demand directly to its manufacturing facilities. Turin will become the sole distributor in Mexico for Callebaut's gourmet business.
Barry Callebaut will also acquire a Toluca-based production facility from Turin as part of the agreement. The Swiss chocolate maker has said it will invest CHF28.5m (US$30m) to expand capacity at the facility. Deliveries from the facility are set to commence with immediate effect.
In addition, the two firms will jointly develop chocolate, compound and decorations products for the local market. The pair plan to open the first 'Chocolate Academy' in Mexico.
"Our new outsourcing agreement with Chocolates Turin is another important milestone for Barry Callebaut," said Barry Callebaut's CEO, Juergen Steinemann. "With this additional production facility, combined with our existing facility in Monterrey, we are well positioned to serve the Mexican market as well as other emerging markets in Latin America. Last but not least, we have found in Chocolates Turin a good partner to also further develop our gourmet business in Mexico."
The year began with predictions that sustainability would continue to rise up the corporate agenda this year, and so it has proved....
Logistics companies, far from being simple hauliers, have adapted to meet the increasingly complicated and specialised needs of customers in the food manufacture and retail spheres, such as tracking a...
Nestle's plan to partner with the Fair Labor Association in investigating the use of child labour in its cocoa supply chain could raise the bar in terms of corporate accountability regarding this long...
Barry Callebaut's Indonesia's arm has entered into a joint venture agreement with cocoa bean exporter P.T. Comextra Majora....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review