GLOBAL: Barry Callebaut signs Unilever supply deal
Barry Callebaut said it will become Unilever's "strategic global supplier and innovation partner" for cocoa and chocolate.
The agreement will double the volumes Barry Callebaut supplies to Unilever, which will buy 70% of its cocoa and chocolate products from the Swiss firm.
Barry Callebaut CEO Juergen Steinemann said the company was "honoured" to have secured the deal. "This agreement is based on a successful long-standing collaboration between our two companies," he said today (23 January).
Kevin Havelock, president of Unilever's "refreshment" business, said the company's "leadership position" in the ice cream sector was based on "great taste, innovation and increasingly sustainable ingredients". He added: "We need partners like Barry Callebaut to help us extend this position and achieve our overall aim."
Last week, Barry Callebaut announced a new deal to supply baker Grupo Bimbo with chocolate to use in its products in Mexico. The agreement was announced on the day that Barry Callebaut said volumes in the first quarter of its financial year had fallen below target.
B&G Foods has reported higher first-half profits as last year's acquisition of a clutch of brands from Unilever continued to benefit the US food group....
US agribusiness firm Cargill has supplied what it claims is the first-?ever sustainable verified rapeseed oil to consumer giant Unilever....
Barry Callebaut, the Swiss B2B chocolate manufacturer, today (5 July) reported a 2% increase in sales for the first nine months of its fiscal year, with contracts in the Americas helping revenue....
The sale of Dairy Crest's St Hubert business to Montagu Private Equity was made within expectations, City analysts have said....
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- Free-from firm BFree Foods - bitesize interview
- More M&A likely at McCormick - editor's viewpoint
- Hain Celestial eyes disposals, forms venture unit
- Kellogg launches Special K breakfast quiches
- Dole faces DoJ probe over listeria outbreak
- Amplify Snack Brands acquires Boundless Nutrition
- Murray Goulburn accused of "misleading" the market