SWITZERLAND/USA: Barry Callebaut to buy Brach's Confections
Swiss industrial chocolate maker Barry Callebaut has said it is to buy US-based Brach's Confections from KJ Jacobs for US$16m in assumed debt. The deal, which is due to close this month, will give Barry Callebaut a foothold in the US confectionery market, the company said. Barry Callebaut will also provide Brach's with funding to cover the remainder of its restructuring costs to a maximum of $48m over the next four to five years.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid