SWITZERLAND/USA: Barry Callebaut to buy Brach's Confections
Swiss industrial chocolate maker Barry Callebaut has said it is to buy US-based Brach's Confections from KJ Jacobs for US$16m in assumed debt. The deal, which is due to close this month, will give Barry Callebaut a foothold in the US confectionery market, the company said. Barry Callebaut will also provide Brach's with funding to cover the remainder of its restructuring costs to a maximum of $48m over the next four to five years.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations