SWITZERLAND/USA: Barry Callebaut to buy Brach's Confections
Swiss industrial chocolate maker Barry Callebaut has said it is to buy US-based Brach's Confections from KJ Jacobs for US$16m in assumed debt. The deal, which is due to close this month, will give Barry Callebaut a foothold in the US confectionery market, the company said. Barry Callebaut will also provide Brach's with funding to cover the remainder of its restructuring costs to a maximum of $48m over the next four to five years.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses