SWITZERLAND/USA: Barry Callebaut to buy Brach's Confections
Swiss industrial chocolate maker Barry Callebaut has said it is to buy US-based Brach's Confections from KJ Jacobs for US$16m in assumed debt. The deal, which is due to close this month, will give Barry Callebaut a foothold in the US confectionery market, the company said. Barry Callebaut will also provide Brach's with funding to cover the remainder of its restructuring costs to a maximum of $48m over the next four to five years.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs