SWITZ: Barry Callebaut to supply Bimbo in Mexico
The Swiss chocolate maker, which already supplies Bimbo's US operations, said the new deal would help it expand its own business in Mexico.
"The new outsourcing agreement with Grupo Bimbo is a further landmark in opening up the promising market potential in Mexico. This agreement confirms the trend in outsourcing and our strategic focus on emerging markets," Barry Callebaut CEO Juergen Steinemann said today (17 January).
Barry Callebuat plans to invest around CHF15m in its two Mexican factories in Toluca and Monterrey. The sites will supply Bimbo with 32,000 tonnes of chocolate a year.
Barry Callebaut, the Swiss B2B chocolate manufacturer, today (5 July) reported a 2% increase in sales for the first nine months of its fiscal year, with contracts in the Americas helping revenue....
US confectioners Farley's & Sathers and Ferrara Pan Candy Co. have merged, the companies have announced....
Hans Vriens has resigned from his role as chief innovation officer at chocolate giant Barry Callebaut....
A new deal to supply Japanese confectioner Morinaga has led Barry Callebaut to shake up its production network in the country, including ending manufacturing at one factory....
- Focus: Danone CEO Faber puts stamp on business
- Cleaning up Tesco will have mixed supplier impact
- General Mills US "priority" categories gain share
- The just-food interview: Doux CEO Arnaud Marion
- Interview part 2: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- General Mills outlines "aggressive" NPD drive
- Coles supplier payments broke competition law
- Kraft to reappraise business, says new CEO Cahill
- General Mills earnings drop one-third
- PepsiCo opens snacks plant in Saudi Arabia