SWITZ: Barry Callebaut to supply Bimbo in Mexico
The Swiss chocolate maker, which already supplies Bimbo's US operations, said the new deal would help it expand its own business in Mexico.
"The new outsourcing agreement with Grupo Bimbo is a further landmark in opening up the promising market potential in Mexico. This agreement confirms the trend in outsourcing and our strategic focus on emerging markets," Barry Callebaut CEO Juergen Steinemann said today (17 January).
Barry Callebuat plans to invest around CHF15m in its two Mexican factories in Toluca and Monterrey. The sites will supply Bimbo with 32,000 tonnes of chocolate a year.
Barry Callebaut, the Swiss B2B chocolate manufacturer, today (5 July) reported a 2% increase in sales for the first nine months of its fiscal year, with contracts in the Americas helping revenue....
US confectioners Farley's & Sathers and Ferrara Pan Candy Co. have merged, the companies have announced....
Hans Vriens has resigned from his role as chief innovation officer at chocolate giant Barry Callebaut....
A new deal to supply Japanese confectioner Morinaga has led Barry Callebaut to shake up its production network in the country, including ending manufacturing at one factory....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Nestle's focus on food for health - interview
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016